Tuesday, January 6, 2015

The Adventures of Super Weasel

Once upon a time, loooooong ago, before I had a blog...
 
Before I had a computer...
 
Before I drew pictures on the internet...
 
...there was Super Weasel.
 
When I was very young, I was assigned in my English class to adapt a fairy tale to my own telling. I think, at least... it was a long time ago, who can remember. How it started isn't important, what matters is what came of it. Even as a young child I was super hilarious, so that simple assignment would turn into a legacy that would last for decades to come.
 
Weasels have always been a family in-joke where I come from, so I always used to draw cartoon weasels all over everything. Middle school created an opportunity for me to channel those cartoon weasels into comic form.
 
Recently, while going through some files at my parents' house, I came upon the complete works of Young Jackie, and the Super Weasel legacy in (mostly) full. Even more recently, I acquired my very own scanner, so I can upload the legacy to the interwebs.
 
The scans are kinda wonky, because they're copies of copies of copies. It's like the King James Bible.
 
So without further ado, I present to you the first episode of the amazing Super Weasel!
 
Click the image to enlarge.
 




No comments:

Post a Comment