Monday, July 22, 2013

I Need to Chill

Once upon a time, I started a blog.

It was just for fun, because all my friends were doing it and I wanted to be a cool kid too.


I found out, after a little while, that I really enjoyed blogging! 

So I started another blog. And that blog had pictures, so it was automatically more awesome.

I found out after a little more while that I really enjoyed writing words and drawing pictures, and people enjoyed reading my words and admiring my pictures.

But I also found out that it's hard to draw and write and think of things to draw and write about all the time, so my blog kind of got neglected. 



I don't remember exactly what it was that got me going again. Maybe it was the excitement of my impending matrimony, or maybe I just had a lot of time on my hands all of a sudden, but I decided it was time to give my blog a little more attention. 


And after a little while, I started to remember how much I like writing and drawing, and more importantly, how much I liked making people laugh. 

"I loved your pictures!" 

"I saw your post the other day, that's so true!"

"I decided I was going to start reading, and then a couple hours later I was like 'I have to stop!'"

"It's so cute!"

And after another little while... I started to get a little bit obsessed. 


I was paying so much attention to my blog that my poor husband was starting to get neglected. 

And my poor hamsters, who are/were the heart and soul of Plans for Nigel.

And my sleep.

And my home.

And my... self.

But I didn't want to neglect my readers! I really do want to be known for my writing someday, and hopefully someday soon. And I really do want to make people laugh, and I want to cheer people up, and I want to make people think, and I want to touch people's hearts and minds and souls and stuff.

So I guess I just have to... quit my real job or something. Or find a way to manipulate time so I have more hours in the day.

But for really, I love you guys. In a mostly platonic way, but I do. I appreciate everyone that reads my blog, and I really appreciate everyone that shares it with their friends and family. Every person that reads is the driving force behind my next idea. If I know that someone's out there waiting for something new, I have a reason to write more things! 

So these words are mostly to say... thanks for all the support and encouragement y'all have provided over the years. And thanks for being awesome. 

These pictures are mostly to say... I want to keep posting, but I think I need to take a step back and become a little less... zealous. But this is good news for you guys! My future posts should be more about funny things and less about begging you to love me. 

But really, please love me. It sustains me.

Just kidding, I don't need you guys.

But really I do!

OK, here's the deal. I do need readers, or I'm a tree falling in the forest and there's anecdotes flying everywhere. So let's hear some trees holla back, shall we? I want feedback from you guys! What do YOU want out of Plans for Nigel? What interesting concepts do YOU want explained by someone who has no idea? What is YOUR favorite breed of cat? 

I want the goods, people! I'm sure you get tired of reading my words all the time. If you give me some words, I promise I'll still draw you pictures. And... you know... I never run out of words either. 

So don't worry.

I'll be right... here...

5 comments:

  1. I love your blog! It's amazing. My favorite posts are the ones that are things that really happened to you. And you're drawing the pictures of you and your husband, or whoever is involved. But seriously. Great stuff! And I am a loyal reader :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes...I like to put honey on my PB&J's. Is that weird?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can rest easy, that's totally normal. Weird is putting Cheetos on your PB&J. I've seen it done.

      Delete
    2. What about grilling your PBJ? Like a grilled cheese sandwich, only a grilled peanut butter and jelly sandwich?

      Delete
    3. That... actually sounds kind of delicious. I just decided what we're having for dinner tonight.

      Delete